Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My First Post For Journalism 392

My name is Travis Bassett. That's a picture of me attending my good friend's wedding. I'm a student at The University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and I'm a Journalism major. For the Fall 2010 semester, I enrolled in a course called "Writing for the Web."

This once shriveled and dying blog has been co-opted to help me meet that class's requirements. Namely, writing for the web. From now on all posts tagged "j392" are written to fulfill a class assignment.

I'm hoping this class helps introduce me to the tools modern journalists use to publish and promote their content online. I'm also hoping it helps me develop a more complete idea of what is involved in web journalism. For instance, I've just set up my first twitter account. See?

Spankin' new twitter account!

Check back soon, this blog will be updated regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment