Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Twitter and Tweeting

As part of my journalism class, we need to find 10 twitterers to subscribe to. Here's who I'm choosing, and why I think they're interesting:

Richard Dawkins. This is a clever guy, scholar, gentleman, and militant atheist. Don't agree with him on the militant bit, but he's a great writer.

Danny DeVito. Funny as hell, and love him on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." I assume he'll be providing me with short humor.

The Onion News Network. Reliable and balanced coverage.

Wikileaks. Because they matter. Wikileaks releases leaked information to the world, free of charge, from anonymous but confirmed sources. Over the last year they've become a household name.

Paul Krugman, a New York Times columnist. Because he's sane and elevates the national debate.

Roger Ebert, film critic, video game hater, and a bad ass who had to relearn how to speak. Because cancer took his jaw.

Naomi Klein. Far left commenter, documentary maker and author.

Some angry guy who's selling something, but seems to dig Wikileaks.

Glenn Greenwald, sane Libertarian columnist for Salon. I first started reading his stuff about a year ago, and I'm better for it.

Random person who showed up in a search for "Revelation Space." Greatest. Book. Ever.

That's it folks, my trusted inner circle of advisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment