Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Friday Photo Special

Black Friday has come and gone.

Now we're smack dab in the middle of this newfangled "Cyber Week" thing. 

Last week I scouted out my local shopping center, The Hanover Mall, and the attached Walmart with a borrowed camera.  Here are some of the pictures I took... 

The calm before the storm, the Hanover Walmart set up crowd control fences Thanksgiving afternoon:


Looking just to the right of the fences, the Walmart/Hanover Mall parking lot is deserted.  It's lunch time, and I've never seen this forsaken little lot so quite.  I like it like this:


It's Black Friday, and I'm bravely risking life and limb to bring my dear readers shots of bad small town traffic.  This is taken just across the Hanover-Norwell town line.  It's been stop and go for a while now:



There are people in my parking lot now:


Inside the Walmart, things seem pretty normal.  They've long since taken down the crowd control fence.  The people tending look tired to me:


Inside the Hanover Mall, things are hopping:


More wall walkers.  Notice, the place is already riddled with Christmas decorations:


The rear Walmart exit is more congested than the front was:

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with this, Travis. The before and after is quite effective. And no violence at Wal-Mart Black Friday is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete